Whether you are going on a long backpacking adventure or a short flight to the state over, this is the ultimate travel essentials list every women needs.
Travel essentials vary depending on where you’re traveling, but let this guide be the perfect travel essentials checklist for you. Some items are perfect for your carry-on if you’re flying!
(Some of the links below are affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information)
23 Best Travel Essentials Every Woman Needs
- Packing cube – These are an absolute life-saver when it comes to organizing your suitcase. They come in all different shapes and sizes, which makes them perfect for a carry-on or larger suitcase. Buy It: Amazon.com
- Travel tote bag – A water-resistant tote is very practical for travel adventures. Plus, any tote with extra zippers and a trolley sleeve is a winner! Travel totes are perfect for carry-ons. Buy it: Nordstroms
- Hidden Travel Wallet – Not just any wallet, a safety travel wallet. This one from Amazon can be hidden under your bra which keeps you safe from pickpocketers. This is perfect for the days you just don’t feel like carrying around a purse. Another great option is a touch screen wallet. It can easily hold a phone, cards, money, and passport. Buy it: Amazon
- Carryall Travel duffle bag– An airplane-friendly duffle bag is a winner. Having a bag that can be held over the shoulder or on another suitcase is an easy way to travel. This one from Amazon is water-resistant, padded, trolley sleeve, and has multiple zipper compartments. Grab these travel essentials on Amazon.
- Manicure Set – Broken nails are no fun! Having a little set handy to quickly touch up the nails is one of the most forgotten travel essentials. There are plenty to choose from, but this one had everything you may need. Buy it: Amazon
- First Aid Kit – Having a personal first aid kit is always helpful when traveling. Relying on others for medicine and bandaids is the last thing travelers would like to think about. This medicine kit has all the helpful items for emergency care, but if there is another medicine you need, it can easily be stored alongside the prepackaged kit. Buy it: Amazon
More Travel Essentials
- Probiotics – Traveling can take a toll on your digestive health. Lack of fluids, change in eating habits, and the overall stress from traveling can mess up the digestive system. Having a probiotic on hand can help keep everything balanced. Grab a probiotic that does not require refrigeration like Culturelle. Buy it: Amazon
- Long Charging Chord – Smart or lazy? Having a 10-foot charging cord is so nice to avoid having to get up each time to check the phone when it’s charging. Buy it: Amazon
- Universal Adapter – This is one of those travel essentials that must be with you when visiting another country. Invest in a universal adapter that can be used worldwide. Buy it: Amazon
- Travel Soap – Have you ever been in a bathroom and there was no soap left in the dispenser? We are going to avoid another situation like this and bring our own travel soap. This needs to be in your travel essentials kit because it is a lifesaver. These paper soap sheets can easily be stored in your handbag, wallet, pocket, or backpack. Buy it: Amazon
- Collapsible water bottle – Lugging around a giant water bottle on top of all the other travel essentials needed can be a pain. This collapsable water bottle is perfect for traveling because it can be easily hooked onto your backpack or stored inside your purse when not full. Buy it: Amazon
Travel Essentials List
- Folding Phone Stand – If you’re traveling by plane, having a phone stand is so helpful if you like watching movies or shows from your phone. It’s an easy-to-use foldable stand compatible with all phones and can be easily stored away when not in use. Buy it: Cost Plus World Market
- Collapsable Hat – Not just any hat, an easy-to-throw in-your-bag hat. This design by Lorna Murray collapses and folds like origami. No need to worry about creased or oddly shaped styles when traveling with this one. Buy it: Wolf & Badger
- Silk Eye Mask – To avoid any annoying lights on the plane or hotel rooms, grab yourself a silk eye mask. The silk is gentle on the skin and helps prevent skin and hair damage. Buy it: Net-a-Porter
- Mini Travel Straightener – Having a mini cordless straightener is so helpful if you need to tame any bangs or flyaways on the go. This one can hold a full charge for up to 45 minutes. They are tiny and perfect to throw in your travel bag. Buy it: Macy’s
- Wet-Ones – This should be at the top of your travel essentials list because they are necessary when traveling. Having these stowed away in your backpack or tote bag is so helpful once on the plane or in a hotel room. Easily wipes down surfaces and gets rid of bacteria. Buy it: Amazon
- Snack Packs – These days, snack packs can be found almost everywhere you go. However, if you want to travel prepared and have them ready to go in your bag, then grab some from your nearest Target or Walmart. For some snack ideas, check out this massive package on Amazon.
Travel Essentials for Women
- Hanging Toiletries Bag – Invest in a hanging toiletries bag like this one from The Container Store. The roomy compartments make it super easy to store necessary items. Buy it: Container Store
- Small Pillow – If you’re a memory pillow lover, you will love this one. No more worrying about leaving behind your favorite pillow because this one might just be your new favorite. Buy it: Amazon
- Waterproof Phone Case – This is one of those travel essentials for very specific occasions. Whether you’re heading somewhere rainy or going on a snorkeling adventure, this one’s for you. Easily protect your phone with this waterproof case. Buy it: Amazon
- Camera – There are so many options for cameras these days so really think about the style of photography you’re going for. If you’d like to invest in a great camera for amazing pictures, the Canon EOS 800D is a personal favorite. Buy it: Amazon
- Journal – Photo memories are great, but having a written journal to jot down memories is even better. A small journal to keep in your bag is a winner. Buy it: Amazon
- Security Belt – Similar to the hidden travel wallet that can be attached to your bra, a security belt can be worn around the waist. Easily hide this under your clothes and the best part is that this particular security belt has RFID protection. Buy it: Zappos